This privacy statement describes how Manatū Wāhine Ministry for Women deals with your personal information as part of its Nominations Service and in the Boards Ready Nominations database, and how we protect your privacy.
We handle your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and this privacy statement.
If you choose to provide (or update) your contact information and CV on our Nominations database, your information will be stored, reviewed, and accessed in the following manner.
We only collect the information (including your contact details and CV) you choose to supply to us, and not from any third-party source. We will only be able to consider you for public sector board roles if we have complete, accurate information from you.
We will only use your personal information to:
- match your skills and experience against the requests we receive for candidates for public sector boards, committees and other roles, and contact you with the details of how to apply
- contact you with governance opportunities outside the public sector, including NGOs and charities
- contact you with any key updates from Manatū Wāhine, including governance workshops and events.
We will only disclose your personal information to:
- another New Zealand public sector agency only if we are asked for nominations in confidence and we believe that you are a good fit for the role. In that situation, we will not inform you of this, and if you are short-listed, the appointing agency will contact you directly
- representatives of other companies or organisations (including private companies, recruitment agencies, and not-for-profit organisations) when candidates are being considered for appointments.
If you do not want us to share your information without your knowledge, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include this in your profile.
We will securely store your personal information. It will only be accessed by Ministry for Women staff members who are authorised to manage the Nominations database.
You can access and correct any personal information we hold about you by logging into your Nominations database account.
We encourage you to update your personal information every year, or, if you have started a new role/finished a role.
Your records will be held until you de-register from the Nominations Service. You can email us if you no longer wish to be considered for governance roles, and you can ask us to delete your personal information through an email to email@example.com. Following a request, the Ministry will delete your personal information from our database.
However, if you have chosen to de-register from our service, and we have nominated you for a role previously, we are required to keep a record of that nomination for seven years, regardless of whether you were offered or took up that role. In this instance, your profile will be deactivated, and we will not contact you or propose you as a candidate for future opportunities.
If any personal information has been transferred by us to another agency, the responsibility is on the agency receiving the information to hold the information and maintain it in a manner that complies with the Privacy Act 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information may be collected, used, or stored by us in relations to the Nominations database, email firstname.lastname@example.org.