- Issue date
- 1 December 2023
Applications closed 5:00pm, Monday 8 January 2024. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application the end of January 2024.
We are calling for applications from individuals, academics, and/or representatives of non-government organisations (NGOs) to join the NGO delegate on the official New Zealand Government delegation to the sixty-eighth session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW68).
CSW68 is being held from 11 to 22 March 2024 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
The Commission on the Status of Women is the highest-level annual international forum on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The forum tackles a priority theme and a review theme that changes annually. This year’s themes are:
- Priority theme: Accelerating the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls by addressing poverty and strengthening institutions and financing with a gender perspective.
- Review theme: Social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls (agreed conclusions of the sixty-third session).
The NGO delegate is an important member of the delegation and will be involved in:
- providing advice from an NGO perspective
- sharing expertise relevant to the themes
- acting as a liaison point between New Zealand NGOs and the delegation
- attending specified sessions and diplomatic functions as an official member of the delegation.
Applications were assessed by a selection panel comprising representatives from the International Women’s Caucus:
- Caroline Herewini (Te Whare Tiaki Wahine Refuge)
- Christine King (Pacific Women’s Watch)
- Denise Ewe (Maori Women’s Welfare League)
- Tara Singh (UN Women Aotearoa New Zealand)
- Shirley Gillett (Graduate Women New Zealand)
All applicants will be assessed based on their individual merits, and we encourage applications from people of all genders and those from diverse backgrounds.
If you have any questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.